Sunday, 21 January 2018
Just like the shock absorbers or the clutch , the brakes are important parts of the car for your safety.
The brakes must be in perfect working order to guarantee you a real safety and because the code of the road requires it.
Disc brakes and drum brakes
Replacement of the braking system
Most vehicles use:
- either disc brakes, usually mounted in front of the vehicle;
- either drum brakes, rather mounted at the rear.
But you can also meet other configurations.
Brake wear symptoms, causes and solutions
Whether they are disc or drum, the brakes heat , since they turn the speed of the car into heat.
This is how they wear out and can show symptoms, which should lead to an audit or replacement.
Regular revision of the braking system
The braking system comprises several elements, including disks or plates or drums, and the liquid. It is important not to miss the overhaul of the brakes and to read the maintenance booklet, which gives you all the relevant information.
The brake calipers automobile are mechanical parts which have the function of holding and guiding the brake system composed of the pads and pistons. The brake caliper receives under pressure the oil of the hydraulic circuit which it transforms into mechanical force by the piston. Thus the piston presses the pads on the brake disc . They must not under any circumstances deform to allow controlled escalation of braking intensity.
A caliper is composed mainly of a metal body called the brake caliper body. One or more pistons that serve to push the plate against the disc. A piston protective cap and its sealing washer. Guide pins, and damping bushings. The last piece being the connections to the brake line.
Brake caliper failure?
It is very rare to have to replace a brake caliper. When driving, it is very difficult to know if the brake caliper is to be changed or not. It is mainly by visually observing the wear of parts and on the test bench that one can diagnose a defective caliper.
- If there is still braking when the brake pedal is released, it means that the piston is seized. This can be measured on a test bench.
- If the brake disc has a constantly high temperature, this indicates a constant pressure of the pads on the brake disc.
- If there is visually a strong corrosion of the pistons.
- If the pads are no longer mobile.
- If the protective cap or sealing washer has been damaged.
- If the catch-up mechanism is defective on the combined callipers.
It is sometimes possible according to the caliper models to repair the piston with a repair kit.
These are brake caliper sealing kits, sliding sleeve sets, guide pin sets, mounting kits and platelet wear indicators.
How to choose your brake caliper?
It is important to have brake calipers of good quality, know that the price to put is about 70 € to 170 € for a stirrup. The quality of the calipers is a guarantee of safety for the passengers.
Often, you will have the choice between several brake calipers of different brands. Indeed, there are several models of disks for the same car. Before buying, it is strongly recommended to check compatibility with your vehicle. There are different mounting brackets. If in doubt, do not hesitate to call a professional.
There are two types of brake calipers, fixed calipers and floating calipers. The floating stirrup is the most common. There is only one side of the stirrup that is equipped with a piston. When braking, only the inner pad presses the brake disc. On the fixed brackets, there are several pistons located on both sides of the disc. Thus the pads press the disk optimally. More expensive but more efficient, this system equips high-end vehicle models and sports models.
How to change the brake caliper?
To repair a brake caliper, you need a piston plunger, various piston rotator tools, a piston gauge, brake pad extractors.
Calipers are delivered ready assembled, ready to use, often filled and preset.
New calipers are generally guaranteed, 24 months manufacturer's part.
The brake calipers of your vehicle act as a support and guide in the brake system, which also consists of brake pads and pistons. The brake calipers turn the oil in the hydraulic system into mechanical energy, which then allows the pistons to press the pads onto the brake disc . It is quite difficult to determine if the brake calipers are to change but several clues can indicate it visually:
- If the brake disc has a constantly high temperature
- When the pistons are highly corrosive
- When the brake pads are no longer movable
- When the protective cap or sealing washer is worn.
A repair kit can sometimes be used to repair the piston when it is worn.
When it comes to changing the brake calipers, consider checking compatibility with your vehicle. There are often different makes and models for your vehicle. Two main types of brake calliper will be offered: the floating brake caliper, more widespread, and the fixed brake caliper, more expensive but more effective because with multiple pistons.
For mounting it is necessary to use a piston plunger, piston rotator tools, a piston gauge and brake pad extractors. The stirrups are generally delivered ready for use and mounted.
A few tips can help you get the most out of your parts and learn more about the brake calipers.
All braking elements are subject to high voltages and vibrations. Do not forget to put the threadlock where it is needed. Threadlock prevents parts from loosening on their own.
The stirrups are recycled and allow to create pieces of equal quality as pieces made of new metal.
If you took the opportunity to change your discs and pads, the first few kilometers, slow down more slowly than usual until all the remaining paraffin of your discs dissipates and the pads wear out perfectly in relation to the microgrooves. your records.
It can happen to see brake calipers in color, red or even gold. It's just a stylish effect, you can also paint them using high temperature paint.
Monday, 1 January 2018
Car repairs can turn out to be extremely costly, regardless of whether it is a major or little issue. This article will show you approaches to spare cash on car repairs. As a matter of first importance, so as to spare cash on repairs, you should take great care of your car. Ensure you stay aware of the consistent support, for example, car engines repair and getting the tires turned. Staying aware of little things like this will spare you over the long haul. If you don't deal with your car, it could prompt greater and more costly issues.
- obviously, regardless of the amount you deal with your car, there can be sudden issues. Regardless of whether it is ordinary wear and tear, for example, supplanting your wipers, or something more radical like your engine blowing, you can spare cash. One approach to spare cash on car repairs is purchasing the parts yourself. In the event that it is something minor, for example, changing the windshield wipers than you can glance around for the parts and change them yourself. You can even look online at low costs and simple to take after recordings that will enable you to settle your car and spare cash in the meantime.
- If it is a more difficult issue, for example, your brakes or transmission coming up short, and you don't know much about cars, it is best to go to a technician. You can even now spare cash with regards to setting off to a technician. Ensure you do your exploration and locate a repairman that is dependable and solid. Having these two characteristics as a repairman is imperative. When you locate the repairman request a general statement of the amount it will cost to get the car settled. You should search around and get a couple of various statements, as this can likewise spare you cash. Regardless of whether you pick the more experienced workman with the higher value, acquiring a contenders statement can influence him to bring down his cost and do the administration for you, at last sparing you cash and getting you the best administration.
- Doing your own oil changes is an incredible method to spare cash. The procedure is entirely easy truth be told, and will, for the most part, take you under 20 minutes. In case you're uncertain of the procedure at that point take out your proprietor's manual or watch a few recordings on the Internet to help you.
- As you could see sparing cash on car repairs is simple, regardless of what isn't right with your car. From doing it to yourself to looking for a workman, you are certain to spare cash on car repairs in the event that you do your exploration.
- As a vehicle proprietor, you may have some learning of how your vehicle functions. Then again, you may likewise feel vulnerable when your vehicle separates. It can be an exceptionally distressing circumstance, and you may ponder what you ought to do next. Car repair ought to be the objective in any circumstance like that.
- Vehicles are a piece of the generally later (as far as mankind's history) blast of advances of speed that has changed how we live and how we see the geological space in which we live. In any case, similar to any innovation, there is dependably the likelihood of glitch, mischance, and breakdown. In these circumstances, the individual must be set up to make a move in order to restrict the burden that breakdown causes by searching out car repair.
There is a wide range of sorts of a vehicle breakdown, however, the essential thought is that the vehicle never again runs legitimately, and driving it to assist without repair may not be a choice.
Halfway breakdowns are not kidding, yet the vehicle is as yet ready to be headed to a protected area off of the street. In the event that you wind up driving a vehicle that is having engine inconvenience, you should utilize your risk lights to tell different drivers of your circumstance. On account of an aggregate breakdown, the car won't have the capacity to move, so it will probably be towed to a sheltered area in which it can be repaired unless you can look in the engine and repair the issue yourself. <
- Total breakdowns occur because of an assortment of reasons. The engine is quite often the wellspring of a car's total breakdown. One normal issue, be that as it may, is a battery that has come up short on charge because of lights being left on, or some other issue. While leaving a vehicle, watch that the lights are off. More up to date cars consequently kill their lights, as the dead battery issue is something that has influenced many individuals, and a need emerged for a simple arrangement. Likewise with most issues in the advancement of the individual vehicle, endeavors to settle it spin around computerization.
- It is conceivable to get a roadside help design on account of aggregate vehicle breakdown while out and about. In the event that one has such an arrangement, in the occurrence of a breakdown, somebody will drive to the scene and give an administration so the driver isn't stranded. This may include towing, kicking off, giving fuel, or changing a punctured tire. On account of a punctured tire, one can for the most part securely drive in any event to the extent a car repair office, and somebody will offer and introduce another tire. In any of these cases, a driver ought to genuinely consider car repair, since the inability to do as such can imperil him or herself.
Knowing distinctive explanations behind car repair will make you an all the more all around educated driver. No one but you can choose the perfect time to settle your vehicle, however keeping your vehicle fit as a fiddle will guarantee your own security, as well as the wellbeing of your companions, family, and kindred drivers with whom you share the street.